Pro-Palestine students fret for their lives as conservative US media group parades their names and faces on digital billboard of a ‘’doxxing truck’’ pic.twitter.com/luBl24ii8P
— TRT World (@trtworld) October 27, 2023
By the way, it’s “doxing.”
The “doxxing truck” that circled Harvard University’s campus to expose Ivy Leaguers who allegedly signed a letter blaming Israel for Hamas’ attacks has been beaming the photos of some student leaders outside their homes, The Post has learned.
Adam Guillette — the president of news watchdog Accuracy in Media, which deployed the vehicle — told The Post that his organization “expanded our fight against antisemitism at Harvard” by selecting student leaders of the 34 Harvard groups that co-signed a statement saying Israel is “entirely responsible” for Hamas’ attacks, and parking the digital billboard-bearing box truck near their residences.
“We only focus on leaders of these organizations rather than members,” Guillette said Thursday, adding the students’ home addresses “were very easily publicly available.”
On Wednesday, the truck idled in front of the Boston-area home of a 20-year-old female Harvard student who leads one of the groups that did not explicitly condemn Hamas, he said.
The truck’s giant LED screens — hung on the sides and back of the truck — displayed the words “Harvard’s Leading Antisemites” in gothic script over a headshot of the Ivy Leaguer who reportedly lived in the home, with her name in bold, red block letters.
“The homeowner called law enforcement” once they spotted the truck outside, Guillette said.
“As is always the case, authorities explained that we’re not breaking any laws,” Guillette said of the truck, which was deployed “so everyone in the community can learn who the antisemites are among them.”
Law enforcement officers at the scene even told the homeowner “not to threaten the mobile billboard driver,” he claimed.
The group deployed the truck because, “in addition to educating their colleagues and neighbors on campus, everyone in their community should learn who the antisemites are among them,” Guillette said.
The vehicle also displayed a website that exposed the student for “believing that Israelis are to blame for the terrorist attacks by Hamas,” the URL says.
“We’ve purchased domain names of most of the leaders and set up profile pages to educate the public on what they’ve done,” Guilette said.
The watchdog president said he’s also tapped “search-engine optimization experts to make it that if anyone Googles the student leaders’ names, [the website] is among one of the first results to pop up.”
And as of next week, Accuracy in Media plans to deploy geo-targeted ads — which delivers content to users within a defined geographic boundary — “to phones, laptops and smart televisions of anyone who’s been on [Harvard’s] campus within the last 60 days, with images similar to the mobile billboard,” Guilette said.
On Thursday and Friday, Guillette said the truck will visit homes of Harvard students in Vermont, near Burlington.
Guillette wasn’t sure how many students’ homes Accuracy in Media’s doxxing truck would visit in total, though it will surely visit “more next week and the week after that,” and it will “maintain presence at Harvard for some time,” he said.
The student groups that initially signed the letters are:
- African American Resistance Organization
- Bengali Association of Students at Harvard College
- Harvard Act on a Dream
- Harvard Arab Medical and Dental Student Association
- Harvard Chan Muslim Student Association
- Harvard Chan Students for Health Equity and Justice in Palestine
- Harvard College Pakistan Student Association
- Harvard Divinity School Muslim Association
- Harvard Middle Eastern and North African Law Student Association
- Harvard Graduate School of Education Islamic Society
- Harvard Graduate Students for Palestine
- Harvard Islamic Society
- Harvard Law School Justice for Palestine
- Harvard Divinity School Students for Justice in Palestine
- Harvard Jews for Liberation
- Harvard Kennedy School Bangladesh Caucus
- Harvard Kennedy School Muslim Caucus
- Harvard Kennedy School Muslim Women’s Caucus
- Harvard Kennedy School Palestine Caucus
- Harvard Muslim Law School Association
- Harvard Pakistan Forum
- Harvard Prison Divest Coalition
- Harvard South Asian Law Students Association
- Harvard South Asians for Forward-Thinking Advocacy and Research
- Harvard TPS Coalition
- Harvard Undergraduate Arab Women’s Collective
- Harvard Undergraduate Ghungroo
- Harvard Undergraduate Muslim Women’s Medical Alliance
- Harvard Undergraduate Nepali Students Association
- Harvard Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Committee
- Middle East and North African Graduate School of Design Student Society
- Neighbor Program Cambridge
- Sikhs and Companions of Harvard Undergraduates
- Society of Arab Students